A Great Future is built on a Glorious Past.
Bank of Baroda, India started its glorious journey of its Overseas Operations on 14th December, 1953 by opening a branch at Makadara Road, Mombasa in Kenya.
Later, another branch was opened at Digo Road in Mombasa. Subsequently, in 2002 Makadara Branch was merged with Digo Road Branch, Mombasa.
On 21st January 1992 the subsidiary, Bank of Baroda (Kenya) Ltd was incorporated with 86.70% shareholding of the Bank of Baroda, India and 43 local shareholders constitute the remaining 13.3%.
During the last 7 decades, bank has been able to place itself as a dominant player in the industry with a good public image and customer confidence.
At present, the Bank is operating through 14 branches across the country at strategically located places viz; Nairobi (6 Branches), Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru, Kakamega, Thika, Nyali & Meru.
Bank is offering all the Banking services to its customers, enabled with transaction-based banking- Internet Banking, RTGS (Domestic) & ready to offer cross border RTGS among East African Countries through East African Payment System (EAPS), Mpassbook, Debit Card, SMS banking, Mobile banking etc.
Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III
The founder of Bank of Baroda
The bank was founded by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III on
20 July 1908. The bank, along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, was
nationalised on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India and has been designated as a
profit-making public sector undertaking (PSU).